Monday, October 17, 2016

Boo Door Hanger and Autumn Wreath

Hello, Sue here and my plan was to make the “Boo Door Hanger” and the “Autumn Wreath” as two separate projects with two separate blog posts. But… while I was working on decorating my front porch for Fall, I tried them together and decided I liked it.
The “Boo Door Hanger” is a separate piece that I can remove after Halloween.


I assembled the wreath using a grapevine wreath, a couple of fall silk floral bouquets, ribbon and my hot melt glue gun. After cutting the stems apart from the bouquet, I played around with the arrangement of the flowers and glued them in place.


A simple bow glued into place finished off the Autumn Wreath. The entire project took less than a half hour.


The Boo Door Hanger was a little more involved…
I used Deflecto's Sign Tags w/Wet Erase Marker from Deflecto Craft Solutions and Halloween paper and stickers from Paper House Productions.


I applied the Halloween paper onto thin chipboard and cut out three die-cut frames. I cut the sign tags just slightly bigger than the opening of the frame and adhered it to the back.


I drew in my letters using the white dry erase pen. Make a mistake? Just wipe the sign tag with a damp paper towel and start over. 


I punched two holes in the top and bottom of the first two frames and the top only of the last frame. I added a black eyelet to each hole and connected the frames with small garment pins. I embellished each frame with 3D Halloween Stickers.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Make sure to follow us on Pinterest and Facebook for more inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...