Friday, March 30, 2018

Spring Flower Box

pencil holder
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love spring. Fresh blooming flowers are just about one of my favorite things. To help bring that spring feeling into my studio I made a box of spring flowers to keep on my desk using a Deflecto Stackable Cube Organizer.  

iron on letters
I used some pattern paper that I had on hand I inked the edges of all the papers using VersaMagic ink. I added some layers on the front piece and used my sewing machine to adhere everything together. I love using my sewing machine on my paper projects! These super cute letters are Joy Iron on Embroidered Letters - they are made for use on fabric but I use them on all sorts of projects including paper.
 
floral foam
Add some floral foam inside the cube. This piece has been up cycled from a floral arrangement the hubs brought me a few months ago. I am not a hoarder- I swear I am not. 
 
Fabric  flowers
 To make the flowers I used hot glue to adhere craft sticks to the backs of fabric flowers. I used single layered flowers and put several together to make these. Any flowers you have on hand would work. 
 
flower bucket
Adhere the papers to all sides of the cube. Cover the floral foam with paper crinkles (the Dollar Tree is a cheap place to pick these up!) and insert your flowers into the foam. Add a ribbon to the cube and you are done! I am also going to decorate some pencils and add to the cube - I think those would be so cute!
Deflecto cube
The Open Stackable Cube Organizer is a fabulous addition to your craft room and can be used for so many things! If you have more than one they clip together on the sides so they are secure on your shelf. Check them out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...