Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Valentine's Day Craft Frame Insert

Hi everyone, it's Josefine, and I'm super happy to be guest designing for Deflecto again. February's topic is Valentine's Day, and I created a very pink insert for the Craft Frame in pink.


I started by preparing my mixed media paper with white Gesso. I was messy on purpose to create the first layer of texture. My idea was to have color spreading away from a heart shape in the middle of the paper. So I outlined the heart shape that I cut out later. I added more texture using different types of tape. Then I added a few color sprays and acrylic paints and spread them in all directions.


When I was done, I let it dry overnight. The next day I cut out the heart and aligned some negatives behind the heart. I found those in an Antique shop. They are all images from Rome, one of my favorite cities. I also added a little more dimension to the image by water coloring with a black Faber Castell Gelato around the border of the heart.

After I was done, I put the insert into the pink Craft Frame. Because the negatives are perfect to add some light to it, I put a candle behind the frame. You could also use a string light or one of these flickering LED lights. You can also see my process in this video:




I hope you enjoyed my Valentine's Day insert and feel inspired to create your own love-themed piece.



Come back later to see more Valentine's Day projects from the Design Team. Josefine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...