Hello! Marilyn here today sharing my centerpiece I created with favors for our guests. Deflecto's 3 Tier Dessert Stand is easy to assemble and decorate! This one is for my Christmas celebrations and can be used again and again. Replace the party favors with cupcakes and cake pops! There are grooves that go around each plate to hold sucker sticks. You can decorate for any theme, any party!
The display is shipped flat and ready to be assembled. It can be taken apart and stored until the next event!
What you will need
Cardstock: White, Black, Red, Orange, Black and White Stripe
Acrylic Paint: Black, White
Stylus or Toothpick
Inkpads: Lt. Pink and Sky Blue
12" Pine Stems: one package (2 to be safe)
12" Foil Stems: Green, Red, Silver
Adhesives: Hot Glue Gun, Tacky Glue
Scissors, Wire Cutters
Electronic Die-cut Machine or Circle Punches
Computer and Printer for Signs
1. Cut the striped cardstock to fit in the mini sign holder. Type a name or description on the computer; print and cut out. Adhere to a slightly larger piece of red cardstock and trim a 1/8" border. Adhere to the front of the striped paper and insert into the frame.
2. Head: Punch or cut a 1-1/2" circle from white cardstock. Dog the eyes and mouth using a stylus or toothpick. Cut a carrot nose from orange cardstock and adhere to face as shown.
3. Hat: Punch or cut a 2" Circle. Fold the circle in two. Slightly fold up the brim of the hat in the front.
4. Adhere the top of the head to the inside of the hat. Cut a top for the hat from another black circle. Glue to the back of the hat, extending above the fold.
5. Legs: Make sure the adhesive side of one sign dangler is facing up so it can adhere to the bottom of the frame. With that in mind; accordion fold the dangler as shown. Repeat for the other leg. Cut two ovals for the feet. Cut a flat edge on one end of one oval. Repeat for the other. Remove the release paper and adhere the "shoes" to the legs. Arms: Slide a sign dangler up the back of the frame. Slightly bend the arms forward. Remove the release paper and adhere a mitten to each side.
6. Finish: Refer to the photo's given and embellish with pieces of foil stem, buttons and pine stem.
Cut a scarf from a patterned paper and adhere to the neck. Adjust the sizes according to the size of mini sign holder you will be using. Use these for place cards or food identifiers. Enjoy!
If you’re interested in purchasing the items used in this project and more, then tune in on November 28th to Create and Craft for their first ever feature of Deflecto’s new Event Kit. It's the perfect kit for your next party, so get yours before they’re gone! Click HERE to find out where to watch!
From the Event Kit below, I used the Flexible Sign Danglers and the VersaGrip™ Wide-Clip Sign Holders shown to the left in the photo below. The table marker is made from a Mini Slanted Sign Holder 3"x4", as shown in the photo below and to the far right. They come in 3 sizes.
I hope you got some inspiration here today. Check out our other blog posts for more great ideas!
Make sure to take time to enjoy the small blessings along the way, and,
Life Life with a Flourish!