Friday, October 13, 2017

3-Tier Dessert Stand Customized for Halloween

Hi everyone, it's Josefine, and I'm so glad to be back with another guest design team post. Today, I want to share my Halloween project with you, and it's going to be yummy!


I'm using the 3-Tier Dessert Stand as the base and the Mini Sign Holders in two different sizes (2x3 and 3x4) for parts of the decoration. I started with decorating the 3 levels of the 3-Tier Dessert Stand using Mod Podge and tissue paper. Thankfully I had the right Halloween colors laying around.


I simply spread out the Mod Podge on the base using a simple brush and then added the tissue paper on top. I wanted the paper to be rather messy with a lot of wrinkles, so I moved it around a bit till I had the effect that I wanted. Then I added another layer of Mod Podge on top of the tissue paper and let it dry.


Next up, I prepared the inlays for the Mini Sign Holders. To ensure that the paper has the correct size, I drew the squares onto regular white cardstock and cut it with my paper guillotine.


At the end, I decorated 4 of each size using washi tape, cute Halloween stamps, stencils all put together with a bunch of fun. I really enjoyed the process of creating all these little scenes :)


This is really a fun and simple project that you can do with your kids or friends during movie and wine night ;) Here are all the little scenes that I created. Btw, did you know how difficult it is to get Halloween cupcakes one month before Halloween? All my grocery store had was Christmas themed cupcakes. I couldn't believe it :D





Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my Halloween project! I definitely need one of these cupcakes now ;) Josefine

2 comments:

  1. That's such a fun stand !! Perfect Halloween decor !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marjorie :) I had so much fun decorating it and the cupcakes were yummy :P

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...