Friday, June 26, 2020

Easy Embroidery Project Ideas for Beginners



A couple of Easy Embroidery Ideas from Beth.

Before Deflecto, Design Team Member Beth Watson used to store all her embroidery supplies in plastic bags. Beth says, "Now that I have all my Embroidery Supplies neatly arranged in the Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer, I can take my stitching with me where ever I go, like from my studio to my couch."


Materials Needed:

  • Embroidery Hoops – I prefer wooden ones
  • Embroidery Floss
  • Pearle Cotton Spools
  • Pearle Cotton Skeins
  • Embroidery Needles
  • Needle Threader – this one is a must!
  • Scissors  
  • Cotton Fabric Fat Quarters – pick a fun print
  • Muslin Fabric  
  • Kunin Felt Craft Cuts
  • Stamps and Stamping Ink
Featured Storage:  Stackable Caddy Organizer


Project One:  A Stitched Sampler

The stitch sampler is my recommendation on the best way to begin your embroidery journey. It will give you hands-on experience with basic stitches as well as be a reference guide for future projects. 


Project Two:  Stitched Felt Ornaments

Felt is an easy and forgiving medium that is sturdy and won’t fray. Cut these bright colors of Kunin Felt into basic shapes, then layer, and then join together with a variety of fun and quirky stitches. Perfection is not a goal with this project, but rather let the rustic nature of the felt and embroidery shine through. Stephanie Ackerman has a great tutorial for Stitching with Felt and using what you have over on her blog Homegrown Hospitality.


For more embroidery ideas and how Beth organized her supplies, visit Beth's blog here.


Share your projects and ideas with us using #DeflectoAtHome #DeflectoCrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...