Saturday, May 6, 2017

May is for Mom!

May is the month to celebrate moms! 

Deflecto frames and signs are the perfect surface to decorate! A photograph is an obvious use for a frame; but I used this frame for a heartfelt message to mom! Scroll down and I will tell you how I made it!
You will need:

Deflecto: Purple Border Frame, 4" x 6" #69573CR
Washi Tape: black with white polka dots, 5/8" wide
Paper Flowers: 3 purple; 1", 1-1/8", 1-1/2"
Leaves: two 1-1/2" green
Pearls: (cut from pearlstring) three 1/8" 
Cardstock: White, one sheet
PicMonkey or other online digital design site
Scissors
Glue Dots : 1/2" Pop-Up Dots


Instructions:

1. Design a mother's day message that will fit the 4" x 6" window of the frame. I used PicMonkey. They have templates you can use. I used white paper and designed digital message with a black background and white print. Print out on 8-1/2 x 11" cardstock and cut to fit the frame. Insert between the panels.

2. I made my paper flowers and added a faux pearl to the center of each one. If you don't want to make your own; mulberry flowers are easy to find in your local craft store and they are beautiful too.

3. I applied washi tape to the top and bottom of the frame. This is such an easy way to decorate the frames and sooo fun!

4. Adhere the flowers to the lower edge of the frame as shown.

You might wonder about the gift bag sitting next to the frame! I applied white dots to a black bag using a round sponge and acrylic paint. I made a crepe paper fan and glued it to a 2-1/2" circle. The closure is a wooden clothespin with a matching paper flower glued to it. Isn't it pretty? My inspiration for the frame was my gift bag!

Thanks for checking out the blog today. Hope you got some inspiration and have a wonderful month of May!

Cheers!
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...