Spring has sprung! Out comes the sun, colorful flowers, everything green and some bling!
You will need:
roll of faux rhinestone trim
adhesive backed faux rhinestone trim
die-cut black flourish
glue (I used "Tack- it over and over".... for permanent adhesive choose a strong tacky glue.)
black acrylic paint
black craft boa; 1" wide
pencil erasers; pink
low melt glue gun
flat paint brush; 1/2" to 3/4"
1. Cut the faux rhinestone sheet to fit around the outside of each side of the pencil holder.
2. Lay flat; the wrong side up and lightly apply glue to the cut pieces. Let dry until tacky. *Designer note: I recommend adult supervision if you use the Tack-It glue. For young crafters; use a regular tacky glue.
3. Adhere to the outsides of the pencil holder.
4. Open the pencil holder.
5. Measure and adhere the self-adhesive faux rhinestone trim around the opening where a picture can go. Apply the sides first; then fit the smaller top and bottom pieces, so the ends don't overlap.
6. Cut two pieces of the sign tag to fit in the picture openings. Leave 1/2" extending above the top edges of the holder. Using the wet erase marker, write pencils on one; write pens on the other. Write a message on the wet erase sign tag and insert where you would normally put a picture. You can always put a picture or two in those slots if you like! Let the ink dry before re-inserting into the slot or handling.
7. Pencils: If you decide to decorate some pencils; you will do it as follows: Paint the pencils with the acrylic paint and allow to dry thoroughly. Glue a piece of the faux rhinestone sheet around the pencil. Glue a piece of boa around the top of the pencil. Place the pink eraser over the regular eraser.
The pencil holder is ready to go! I love the bling! I shopped at my local Michaels store for the trims I used on this project.
Remember to let your imagination be your guide! There are lots of crafty options for decorating these cool pencil holders from Deflecto. I hope you enjoyed the project and got some inspiration here today!
Remember to enjoy the small blessings along the way and
Live Life with a Flourish!