Thursday, June 15, 2017

Book Stand with Mini Chalkboard



Do you have a reader in your house?

My grandson Nick learned to read this year in Kindergarten.

This new ability has renewed his love of books.

Not just any old book will do, it has to be a chapter book.

To keep Nick from rummaging through all the bookshelves…

I created a small book stand for him to use with all the age appropriate books

I’ve saved through the years.


To create Nick’s bookstand…

I used a Square Display Riser from a set of 3 acrylic risers I received from Deflecto as

part of my monthly Design Team box.


I covered the outside of the Square Display Riser with ScotchBlue Platinum Painter’s Tape.


I sprayed the inside of the Square Display Riser with Multi-Purpose Spray Paint.


I die-cut a scalloped square from black chalkboard vinyl (Sign Tags w/Wet Erase Marker)

and roughed it up with extra fine sandpaper for better paint adhesion before painting with

green spray paint.


For the Mini Chalkboard…
  • I cut a smaller piece of the black chalkboard vinyl and punched holes on each of the four corners to add decorative brads before gluing with Beacon’s Quick Grip Glue onto the painted scalloped square.
  • I glued the completed scalloped square onto the Square Display Riser.

The mini chalkboard is a great place to write encouraging reminders for your reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...