A wooden frame, a little paint, some bottle caps, AND some magnetic craft sheets!! Yep! I transformed this inexpensive wooden frame into a magnetic surface that has some serious, playful possibilities!
Read on, and I will explain. My first idea was to make this a magnetic frame with various magnets that could be moved around on the frame. I gathered up some bottle caps that I had previously decorated and some wooden flower shapes. I had an idea while doing this.... thinking that individual pictures of the family members could be punched out to fit inside the bottle caps....and a family group picture could be placed inside the frame. That was a different idea of what I was doing, but I still think it is a good one!
I chose to make my wooden flowers into magnets and glue the bottle caps to those but imagine the possibilities with different shapes and themes. So, here are the items that you will need:
Deflecto: magnetic craft sheets
Wooden Frame: Unfinished 8" square from craft store
Wooden Flowers: 3-3/4" wide x 1/8" thick; 3
Wooden sentiment: unfinished 1" high x 4" wide word "Create"
Dimensional Medium: Clear
Matte Chalk Paints: lt. pink, beige, teal
Paintbrush: 1" flat
1. Lay the frame face down on the white side of a magnetic craft sheet. Using a pencil; trace around the outside and inside edges of the frame. Cut out. Set aside.
2. Paint the frame and flowers. Let dry thoroughly. Adhere the white side of the magnetic frame cut-out to the top (front) side of the frame. Repeat with each of the flowers.
3. Paint the wooden word beige. Adhere to the top corner of the magnetic frame.
4. Punch out images of family members or other digital art. Adhere the wrong side of one image into one bottle cap. Smooth out any air bubbles. Repeat for each one. Let the adhesive dry.
5. Apply the dimensional medium over the top of each image in each bottle cap. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Glue one to the center of each flower.
6. Each magnet should clamp to the frame. Sometimes you will have to adjust them a little before you get a tight fit. These magnets can also be displayed on the refrigerator or other metal surfaces.
7. Cut out and place your main image in the frame. Enjoy!
I hope you got some inspiration on the blog today. If you have any questions or comments, you can leave them at the bottom of the page. I enjoy hearing from you.
Make sure to take the time to enjoy the small blessings along the way and,
Live Life with a Flourish!